- Blair (1994) = Sheila Blair and Jonathan Bloom, The Art and Architecture of Islam 1250–1800, New Haven 1994.
- Hawas (2002) = Sohair Hawas , Khedivian Cairo, Cairo, 2002.
- Hess (1970) = Andrew Hess, “The Evolution of the Ottoman Seaborne Empire in the Age of the Oceanic Discoveries, 1453–1525”, in: The American Historical Review, vol. 75, no. 7, Bloomington, 1970.
- Lyster (1990) = William Lyster , The Citadel of Cairo: a History and Guide, Cairo, 1990.
- Press (1979) = Irwin Press, The City as Context: Urbanism and Behavioral Constraints in Seville, Urbana, 1979.
- Pryor (1992) = Pryor John, Geography, Technology, and War: Studies in the Maritime History of the Mediterranean 649–1571, Cambridge, 1992.