The article analyzes current state of economic activity in the field of cinematography in Ukraine and offers several approaches to its classification, in accordance with criteria defined by legislation of Ukraine. In particular, the following criteria of classification are proposed: parties involved into the activity and corporate objects, purpose of activity, availability of special terms (licensing, patenting, quotas), availability of state support. Emphasis is placed on lack of the term “type of cinematographic activity” in the relevant legislation of Ukraine. Both positive and negative aspects of economic activity in the cinematographic industry which currently affect the activities of economic entities are considered. Examples of different types of cinematographic activity in Ukraine are given as perceived through the prism of entrepreneurship and economic relations in general. Recommendations have been developed aimed to improve the state of cinematographic legislation in Ukraine - both at the level of laws and by-laws. Main types of cinematographic activity in Ukraine are substantiated and singled out on the basis of conducted research.
- Burlakov S. Yu. (2008). KinematografIchniy tvir yak ob’ekt prava Intelektualnoyi vlasnosti: avtoref. dis.kand. yurid. nauk.[Cinematographic work as an object of intellectual property law: abstract. dissertations of the candidate of legal sciences]. Kyiv: Drukarnya HarkIvskogo natsionalnogo universitetu imeni V.N. Karazina. [in Ukrainian].
- Code of Ukraine on Administrative Offenses of December 7, 1984. Information of the Verkhovna Rada of the USSR. 1984. № 51. St. 1122
- Dlia sil bez kinoteatriv orhanizuiut festyvali (2017). [Festivals are organized for villages without cinemas]. URL: https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-culture/2372545-dla-sil-bez-kinoteatriv-organizuut-festivali.html (Access date: 7.04.2020).
- Economic Code of Ukraine of January 16, 2003 № 436-IV. Information of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 2003. № 18. St. 144.
- Katsuba M.O. (2013). Khudozhnie kino yak zasib formuvannia masovoi politychnoi svidomosti. [Feature film as a means of forming mass political consciousness.] Kyiv: Parlamentske vydavnytstvo. [in Ukrainian].
- Mamutov V.K. (2004). Naukovo praktychnyi komentar Hospodarskoho kodeksu Ukrainy. [Scientific and practical commentary on the Commercial Code of Ukraine.] Kyiv: Yurinkom Inter. [in Ukrainian].
- On Amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine on State Support of Cinematography in Ukraine: Law of Ukraine of November 7, 2017 № 2176-VIII. Voice of Ukraine.2017. № 226.
- On approval of the Regulations on national screen time and its use by the subjects of cinematography and television: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 14.09.1998 № 1436. Official Gazette of Ukraine. 1998. № 37. p. 63. Art. 1359.
- On Cinematography: Law of Ukraine of January 13, 1998 № 9/98-BP. Information of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 1998. № 22. St. 114.
- On Joint Stock Companies: Law of Ukraine of September 17, 2008 № 514-VI. Information of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 2008. № 50. Art. 2432.
- On limited and additional liability companies: Law of Ukraine of February 6, 2018 № 2275-VIII. Information of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 2018. № 13. Art. 5.
- On state support of cinematography: Law of Ukraine of March 23, 2017 № 1977-VIII. Information of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 2017. № 20. Art. 5.
- Ortynskyi V.L. (2008), Osnovy derzhavy i prava Ukrainy. [Fundamentals of State and Law of Ukraine.] Kyiv: Znannia. [in Ukrainian].
- Prystrasti za kesh-ribeitamy: shcho potribno dlia toho, shchob serial «Chornobyl» znialy v Ukraini (2019). [Passions for cash rebates: what it takes for the series “Chernobyl” to be shot in Ukraine]. URL: https://lb.ua/culture/2019/09/25/438225_pristrasti_keshribeytami_shcho.html (Access date:17.10.2020).
- Romaniuk M.I., Popovych P.V. (2018). Tekhnichne zabezpechennia kinoteatriv ta informatsiino – rozvazhalnykh zakhodiv. [Technical support of cinemas and information and entertainment events.] Kyiv: KPI im. I.Sikorskoho. [in Ukrainian].
- Sliepak S.V. (2014). Derzhavne rehuliuvannia diialnosti subiektiv kinematohrafii v Ukraini. [State regulation of cinematographic subjects in Ukraine.] Lviv: Lvivskyi rehionalnyi instytut derzhavnoho upravlinnia. [in Ukrainian].
- Vinnyk O.M. (2008). Hospodarske pravo: Navchalnyi posibnyk. [Economic law: Textbook. manual.] Kyiv: Vseukrainska asotsiatsiia vydavtsiv “Pravova yednist”. [in Ukrainian].