The article analyzes the concepts of «coercion», «measures of criminal procedural coercion», «measures to ensure criminal proceedings» and their relationship. The measures of procedural coercion, which the court can most often apply to the participants in court proceedings in a criminal case, as well as the procedure for postponing the trial in connection with their (measures of procedural coercion) are studied. Proposals for improving the criminal procedure legislation of Ukraine in this direction have been formulated. Measures of criminalprocedural coercion are procedural means of state-legal coercion defined by the criminal-procedural law, applied by the authorized bodies conducting criminal proceedings, in the order clearly defined by the law concerning persons, for the purpose of achievement of efficiency of criminal proceedings. The concept of “measures to ensure criminal proceedings” in its own right the content and scope do not cover the category of precautionary measures and other mea sures procedural coercion. In our opinion, the concept of «criminal measures procedural coercion “and” measures to ensure criminal proceedings «are not identical: under the current CPC of Ukraine measures procedural coercion is a component of criminal security measures proceedings, and, consequently, to some extent, a narrower concept. They are correlated between themselves as a whole and part. However, before proceeding to the analysis of each of the measures of coercion we have identified, let us pay attention to the important procedural provisions that the judge is obliged to remember when applying this or that measure. The court may impose measures of procedural coercion on the person, which in turn will postpone the trial.
- Andrushko, O. (2018) Prymus u kryminal’nomu procesi: pytannja denotacii’ i konotacii’. Pidpryjemnyctvo, gospodarstvo i pravo. [Coercion in criminal proceedings: issues of denotation and connotation. Entrepreneurship, economy and law]. № 4. [in Ukrainian].
- Bobechko, Nr. (2017) Zahody zabezpechennja kryminal’nogo provadzhennja: procesual’na pryroda, zmist ta obsjag. Pravo Ukrai’ny. [Measures to ensure criminal proceedings: procedural nature, content and scope. Law of Ukraine] № 12. [in Ukrainian].
- Gospodars’kyj procesual’nyj kodeks Ukrai’ny vid 06 lystopada 1991 r. № 1798-XII (redakcija vid 13 ljutoho 2020 r.) URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1798-12 (data zvernennja: 27 bereznja 2018 r.) [Commercial Procedural Code of Ukraine of November 6, 1991 № 1798-XII (as amended on February 13, 2020)] Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1798-12 [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrai’ny «Pro advokaturu ta advokats’ku dijal’nist’» vid 05 lypnja 2012 r. № 5076-VI (redakcija vid 20 bereznja 2020 r.) [Law of Ukraine «On Advocacy and Advocate Activity» of July 5, 2012 № 5076-VI (as amended on March 20, 2020)] Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5076-17 [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrai’ny «Pro prokuraturu» vid 14 zhovtnja 2014 r. № 1697-VII (redakcija vid 20 bereznja 2020 r.) [Law of Ukraine «On the Prosecutor’s Office» of October 14, 2014 № 1697-VII (as amended on March 20, 2020)] Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1697-18 [in Ukrainian].
- Kodeks administratyvnogo sudochynstva Ukrai’ny vid 06 lypnja 2005 r. № 2747-IV (redakcija vid 20 bereznja 2020 r.) [Code of Administrative Procedure of Ukraine of July 6, 2005 № 2747-IV (as amended on March 20, 2020)] Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2747-15 [in Ukrainian].
- Kryminal’nyj procesual’nyj kodeks Ukrai’ny vid 13 kvitnja 2012 r. № 4651-VI [Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine of April 13, 2012 № 4651-VI (as amended on March 27, 2018)] Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/4651-17 [in Ukrainian].
- Uzagal’nennja sudovoi’ praktyky shhodo rozgljadu slidchym suddeju klopotan’ pro zastosuvannja zahodiv zabezpechennja kryminal’nogo provadzhennja Vyshhogo specializovanogo sudu Ukrai’ny z rozgljadu cyvil’nyh i kryminal’nyh sprav vid 07 ljutogo 2014 r. [Generalization of judicial practice regarding the consideration by the investigating petitions by a judge for the application of measures to ensure criminal proceedings of the Supreme Specialized Court of Ukraine for Civil and Criminal Cases of February 7, 2014] Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/n0001740-14 [in Ukrainian].
- Cyvil’nyj procesual’nyj kodeks Ukrai’ny vid 18 bereznja 2004 r. № 1618- IV (redakcija vid 13 ljutogo 2020 r.) [Civil Procedure Code of Ukraine of March 18, 2004 № 1618-IV (as amended on February 13, 2020)]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1618-15 [in Ukrainian].