While reforming of the Ukrainian state, an important part of ensuring the social process is gender issues, providing equal opportunities for self-realization of a person regardless of gender, age, nationality or social origin. In accordance with the Millennium Development Goals adopted by the world community in 2000, one of the priorities of international development and indicators of social and economic development is ensuring gender equality. The implementation of gender equality ideas contributes to the effective use of human potential and, consequently, to the expansion of human development opportunities. Studying the processes of creation and implementation of gender policy in public administration is one of the new areas of research at the current stage of state formation. Its relevance is due to the processes of democratization of the Ukrainian society and search for ways to increase the effectiveness of public policy concerning equal rights and opportunities for women and men. Nowadays it is paid considerable attention to gender equality aspects by many international organizations. Thus, the United Nations (UN) has developed a number of global Sustainable Development Goals (CDGs) for 2015-2030, which were approved in 2015 at the UN Summit on Sustainable Development and which now all countries are committed to. The fifth of the seventeen CDGs is to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls. In 2017, the Government of Ukraine presented the “Sustainable Development Goals: Ukraine” national report, which addresses gender equality as an essential task. It is emphasized that in Ukraine it is necessary to create conditions for elimination of all women discrimination forms. In this regard the relevant objectives and basic indicators for their achievement have been identified. Despite the fact that the world pays more and more attention to research in the field of gender equality, in Ukraine this issue remains one of the marginal segments in the public administration science. Therefore a systematic study of the formation of a gender-balanced staff at local executive bodies is becoming important. It is the management staff of local executive bodies that is sharply criticized; its mistakes and misjudgments significantly affect the standard of living, the welfare of citizens of a particular administrative-territorial unit, and the image and authority of government and the state as a whole. In the article it is analyzed the principles and mechanisms of state gender policy in Ukraine in the social and labor area, in particular in the civil service, it is studied the latest changes in the legal framework on gender issues, and it is described the existing legal issues that slow the further development of gender integration in all spheres of public administration, it is developed proposals to improve gender policy legal framework at the current stage.
- Bardina, M.O., Zhmerenetskyi, O.S., Kravchuk ,Y.M., Yakovlieva, N.I., Mezentseva, M.S., Kinzburska, V.O., Lubinets, D.V. (2020). Proekt Zakonu pro vnesennia zmin do Zakonu Ukrainy «Pro reklamu» shchodo protydii dyskryminatsii za oznakoiu stati [The draftlaw on amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On Advertising” concerning combating gender discrimination]. Verkhovna Rada Ukrainy, No. 3427. Downloaded from: https://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=68746
- Bardina, M.O., Zhmerenetskyi, O.S., Sovsun, I.R., Kondratiuk, O.K., Ionova, M.M., Pidlasa, R.A., Shvets, S.F. (2020). Proekt Zakonu «Pro vnesennia zmin do deiakykh zakonodavchykh aktiv shchodo zabezpechennia rivnykh mozhlyvostei materi ta batka na dohliad za dytynoiu» [The draftlaw “On amendments to some legislative acts to ensure equal opportunities for mother and father to care for a child”]. Verkhovna Rada Ukrainy. Downloaded from: https://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=69204
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2017). Pro skhvalennia Kontseptsii reformuvannia systemy profesiinoho navchannia derzhavnykh sluzhbovtsiv holiv mistsevykh derzhavnykh administratsii yikh pershykh zastupnykiv ta zastupnykiv posadovykh osib mistsevoho samovriaduvannia ta deputativ mistsevykh rad: Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy [On approval of the Concept of reforming of the system of professional training of civil servants, heads of local state administrations, their first deputies and deputies, officials of local government and deputies of local councils: the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine], No. 974-р. Downloaded from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/974-2017-%D1%80#Text.
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2020). Pro zatverdzhennia Natsionalnoho planu dii z vykonannia rezoliutsii Rady Bezpeky OON 1325 «Zhinky, myr, bezpeka» na period do 2025 roku: Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy [On approval of the National Action Plan for the implementation of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 “Women, Peace, Security” for the period up to 2025: the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine], No. 1544-р. Downloaded from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1544-2020-%D1%80#Text.
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2018). Pro zatverdzhennia planu zakhodiv shchodo realizatsii Kontseptsii reformuvannia systemy profesiinoho navchannia derzhavnykh sluzhbovtsiv holiv mistsevykh derzhadministratsii yikh pershykh zastupnykiv ta zastupnykiv posadovykh osib mistsevoho samovriaduvannia ta deputativ mistsevykh rad: Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy [On approval of the action plan for implementation of the Concept of reforming of the system of professional training of civil servants, heads of local state administrations, their first deputies and deputies, officials of local government and deputies of local councils: the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine], No. 342-р. Downloaded from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/342-2018-%D1%80#Text.
- International Labour Organization. (2021). Ratifications for Ukraine. Downloaded from: https://www.ilo.org/dyn/normlex/en/f?p=NORMLEXPUB:11200:0::NO::P11200_COUNTRY_ID:102867.
- Ministry of Justice of Ukraine (2021) Sotsialna Polityka [Social policy]. Downloaded from: https://minjust.gov.ua/m/str_45891.
- National Agency of Ukraine for Civil Service (2020). Pro Zatverdzhennia Formy Zvitnosti KSDS «Zvit Pro Kilkisnyi Sklad Derzhavnykh Sluzhbovtsiv» Ta Instruktsii Shchodo Yii Zapovnennia: Nakaz Natsionalnoho Ahentstva Ukrainy Z Pytan Derzhavnoi Sluzhby [On approval of the reporting form of quantitative composition of civil servants “Report on quantitative composition of civil servants” and Instruction for its completion: the dercee of The National Agency of Ukraine for Civil Service]. Downloaded from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0484-20#Text.
- Porokhnyak, L., Rudenko, M., Kichorowska Kebalo, M., Skoryk, M., Davlikanova, O., Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) (2019). Steering committee of the National Parallel Report on the Implementation by Ukraine of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action. Downloaded from: http://fes.kiev.ua/n/cms/fileadmin/upload2/Parallel_Report_Eng_2_final_web.pdf
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1996). Konstytutsiia Ukrainy [Constitution of Ukraine]. Downloaded from: https://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254к/96-вр
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2015). Pro Derzhavnu Sluzhbu: Zakon Ukrainy [On the civil service: the law of Ukraine], No. 889-VIII § rozdil 1 stattia 4. Downloaded from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/889-19#Text
- Yakovlieva, N.I., Mykhailiuk, H.O., Bardina, M.O., Bondar, H.V., Nikitina, M.V., Moshenets, O.V., Sovsun ,I.R. (2021). Proekt Zakonu pro vnesennia zmin do Zakonu Ukrainy «Pro zabezpechennia rivnykh prav ta mozhlyvostei zhinok i cholovikiv» shchodo vyznachennia poniattia «seksyzm» [DraftLaw on Amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On Ensuring Equal Rights and Opportunities for Women and Men” concerning the definition of the “sexism” concept]. Verkhovna Rada Ukrainy. Downloaded from: https://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?id=&pf3511=70979