State social policy should take into account the subsidiary nature of assistance from public authorities in relation to the activity of the interested parties in their efforts to find and pursue work. Social assistance supports individuals and families in their efforts to meet the necessary needs and enables them to live in conditions which conform to human dignity. This aim is achieved by preventing insurmountable, difficult life situations when an individual in a crisis situation ceases to be self-sufficient. A classified form of this difficult situation is the case of individuals (families) who are on the verge of social exclusion. For it is the category of “social safety” that accommodates those allowances that are directed at individuals (families) being in a particularly difficult situation, and their function is to prevent the deprivation of needs. The group of social safety benefits singled out in this study constitutes a sub-category of social assistance benefits. Providing social safety is implemented with the use of a directory of services of different specifics, roles and functions.
- Maciejko W., P. Zaborniak, Ustawa o pomocy społecznej. Komentarz, 4th edition, Warsaw 2013.
- National Development Strategy 2020 (Resolution No. 157 of the Council of Ministers of 25 September 2012 on the adoption of the National Development Strategy 2020 (M.P.2012.882).
- National Programme for the Prevention of Poverty and Social Exclusion 2020. New dimension of active integration, Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, Warsaw 2013.
- Nitecki S., Komentarz do ustawy o pomocy społecznej, Wrocław 2013.
- Nitecki S., Prawo do pomocy społecznej w polskim systemie prawnym, Warsaw 2008
- Sierpowska I., Pomoc społeczna jako administracja świadcząca. Studium administracyjnoprawne, Warsaw 2012.
- Sierpowska I., Ustawa o pomocy społecznej. Komentarz, 2th edition, Warsaw 2009.
- The State Multi-Year Financial Plan for the years 2012 – 2015 (Resolution No. 71 of the Council of Ministers of 8 May 2012 on the updated State Multi-Year Financial Plan for the years 2012 – 2015 (M.P.2012.292).