As a part of its long-term strategic objectives, the European Union has set efforts to increase internal cohesion, improve economic growth levels, which will strengthen its position in the world economy area and also strengthen its competitiveness vis-à-vis other key players in the world economy. The level and quality of education, as well as the level and quality of science and research, are key areas for achieving this goal. Thus, the main attention at the level of the European Union and its individual member states should be focused on the implementation of systemic measures aimed at improving the educational process and research activities in all aspects (legislative, personnel, financial, procedural, etc.). The article focuses on the definition and analysis of the main developmental trends and tendencies in the area of education and support of science and research in the area of the European Union and the Slovak Republic.
- Drapáková, D., Geist, R. (2019). Investície do výskumu závisia od eurofondov, EURACTIV. sk, 17. sep 2019. [cit. 19.09.2019]. Downloaded from: <https://euractiv.sk/section/ekonomika-a-euro/infographic/investicie-do-vyskumu-zavisia-od-eurofondov/>.
- European innovation scoreboard 2019, (2019). [cit. 19.12.2019]. Downloaded from: <https://ec.europa.eu/growth/industry/innovation/facts-figures/scoreboards_en>.
- EPO. (2017). European patent applications. In EPO Statistics and indicators [cit. 14.09.2019]. Downloaded from: <https://www.epo.org/about-us/annual-reportsstatistics/annual-report/2017/statistics/patent-applications.html#tab2>.
- EUROSTAT. (2019). Research and development expenditure (% of GDP) 2017. In Science, technology and innovation - Overview. [cit. 17.07.2019]. Downloaded from: <https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/cache/BubbleChart/?lg=en#tableCode=rd_e_gerdtot>.
- Eurostat. (2016). Archive:Patent statistics, October 2016 [cit. 14.09.2019]. Downloaded from: <https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statisticsexplained/index.php/Archive:Patent_statistics>.
- OECD: Gross domestic spending on R&D. [cit. 19.09.2019]. Downloaded from: <https://data.oecd.org/rd/gross-domestic-spending-on-r-d.htm>.
- Smarter, greener, more inclusive. (2017). [cit. 03.03.2019]. Downloaded from: <https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/3217494/8113874/KS-EZ-17-001-EN-N.pdf/c810af1c-0980-4a3b-bfdd-f6aa4d8a004e>.
- Smarter, greener, more inclusive. (2018). [cit. 03.03.2019]. Downloaded from: <https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/3217494/9087772/KS-02-18-728-ENN.pdf/3f01e3c4-1c01-4036-bd6a-814dec66c58c>.
- Smarter, greener, more inclusive. (2019). [cit. 18.11.2019]. Downloaded from: <https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/3217494/10155585/KS-04-19-559-EN-N.pdf/b8528d01-4f4f-9c1e-4cd4-86c2328559de>.
- The EU in the world. (2018). [cit. 22.11.2019]. Downloaded from: <https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/3217494/9066251/KS-EX-18-001-EN-N.pdf/64b85130-5de24c9b-aa5a-8881bf6ca59b>.
- ÚRAD PRIEMYSELNÉHO VLASTNÍCTVA SR. (2018). Výročná správa 2017. Banská Bystrica: Úrad priemyselného vlastníctva SR, 2018.