The article includes five parts:
1. Introduction – information about the book promotion event held in Warsaw on December 19, 2019 on the Polish edition of Xi Jinping’s Governance of China vol. I. The book launch was great not only because of the editing and the contents of the book, but also because it was a political, economic, cultural and international event, since the author is the number one politician not only in China but also in the contemporary world. The introduction includes information about the book content and demonstrates its importance for the theoretical generalizations and recognition of the main problems of contemporary China.
2. According to the authors of the paper, problems mentioned in the book are especially important. The original Chinese way of building socialism and the early stages of Chinese revolution were national, anti-feudal, anti-capitalist, democratic and socialist. Mao Zedong established class-based Maoism as a Marxism-Leninism in the Chinese version, while Deng Xiaoping and his successors established and developed the socialist market economy, which is the continuation of Maoism in the new era and they created the Chinese path to the anti-capitalist revolution and the building of socialism with Chinese characteristics. The perspective of the development of China till 2021 and 2049 (as a modern and developed socialism) and its influence on the national rejuvenation is not only Chinese but also an international issue.
3. Third part of the paper is devoted to the problems of building socialism in China, the analysis of the theory of Xi Jinping, the leading role of the CPC, the economic role of the owner and foreign capital in economy and policy, and the socio-economic contradictions in the contemporary PRC.
4. Forth part concerns Confucianism and Marxism as theoretical and practical problems in China; the original Chinese culture and civilization; the continuation and discontinuation of the historical development in contemporary epoch; the original development; the policy of opening- -up; the necessity of considering human contents of Confucianism in building and developing of socialism in China.
5. Fifth part of the paper is on the future status of the Communist Party of China’s Economy. Since the emergence of state-owned economy, it has played a huge role in the economic development of all countries. However, under the way of neoliberalism, state-owned economy has gradually been associated with backwardness and inefficiency. On the forum of state-owned economy enterprise reform in China, General Secretary Xi Jinping gave out important instructions. State-owned enterprises are an important force for strengthening the comprehensive power of the country and safeguarding the common interests of the people. State-owned enterprises must be made stronger, better and bigger. Academia has had a huge disagreement on this, and some scholars believe that this is an act of favoritism toward state-owned enterprises. This paper analyzes China’s state-owned economy from the perspective of total factor productivity (TFP), Marx’s historical materialism, national productivity, and social development, clarifying that state-owned economic reform is diff erent from the system of “profit based demands” rooted in the private economic market, but a system based on national productivity and the “needs” of the people. Making state-owned enterprises “stronger, better, and bigger” is in line with the historical development of socialism and material productivity, resolving doubts on the direction of state-owned economic reform.
- Ambassador Liu Guangyuan’s speech (Warsaw, September 20, 2019), 70th Anniversary of the Founding of the People’s Republic of China.
- Beijing Review 2019, No. 51.
- Burgan, Rambert, Socialism, Taipei City 1990.
- Chang H. J., Kicking Away the Ladder: Development Strategy in Historical Perspective, Beijing 2009.
- Chińskie ABC, ed. Lin Weid, Brzezia Łąka 2016.
- Chu X. P., Zhou, J. J., Zhou, L. S., Firm Grasp on the Reform and Development Direction of State-Owned Enterprises to Become Stronger and Better. Red Flag Manuscript 2016, No. 10.
- Galbraith J. K., The Affluent Society, Shanghai 1965.
- Góralczyk B., Wielki Renesans. Chińska Transformacja i jej konsekwencje, Warsaw 2018.
- Heng L., The Tasks and Trends of State-Owned Enterprise Reform under the “Great StateOwned” Strategy: Reflections on the Three Reforms of State-Owned Enterprises. Fujian Tribune (The Humanities & Social Sciences Monthly) 2011, No. 10.
- Huang J. R., Fu T. T., Huang M. Y., Performance Evaluation: Theory and Application of Efficiency and Productivity, Taipei City 2010.
- Jiang C., China in Transition, Agriculture, Rural Areas and Farmers, Anhui People’s Publishing House 2017.
- Kirakofe C. A., Strategizing for the Future. Beijing Review 2019, No. 50.
- Kołodko G., Dokąd zmierza świat. Ekonomia polityczna przyszłości, Warsaw 2013.
- Konfucjusz, Dialogi, Lin Yu, Biblioteka Filozofów, Część Pierwsza, Kielce 2008.
- Lenin V., Imperialism, Shanghai 1949.
- Li J., What Do You Know About the Communist Party of China?, China 2017.
- Li J., Wang Y., An Introduction to Chinese Classics: Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism, Jiangsu People’s Publishing House 2014.
- List F., The National System of Political Economy. Beijing 1983.
- Marx K., Engels F., Ideologia niemiecka, Warsaw 1975.
- Marx K. H., Preface and Introduction to a Contribution to the Critique of Political Economy, Beijing 1971.
- Marx K. H., Das Kapital, Volume 1, Beijing 1975.
- Marx K. H., Marx-Engels-Gesamteausgabe, Volume 49, Beijing 1982.
- Marx K. H., Das Kapital, Volume 2, Beijing 2008.
- On the Issue of International Unity and Synergy of the Communist Movement in the fight against anti-communism and the danger of war, for social progress, Materials of Prague Conference of CPBM, October 2019.
- Priestland D., Weltgeschichte des Kommunismus von der Franzoesischen Revolution bis heute, Salze-Poelten 2009.
- Rakowski M., Przemiany i szanse socjalizmu, Warsaw 2004.
- Rostow W. W., The Stages of Economic Growth Anon-Communist Manifesto, Beijing 2001.
- Schnehen G., Stalin. Eine Marxistische Biografie, Bochum 2019.
- Secure a Decisive Victory in Building Socialism with Chinese Characteristics. Speech of the General Secretary of CC CPC on the 19th National Congress of the CPC, October 2017.
- Sun G. Z., The Tortuous Fate of “Smithology” and a Historical Dimension of the Theory of Labor Division. Du Shu 2013, No. 1.
- Wang M. K., The Basic National Conditions in the Primary Stage of Socialism and the Current Stage Characteristics of China’s Development. Dang Jian Yan Jiu 2007, No. 11.
- Wiktor Z., Chińska wizja budowy socjalizmu w świetle materiałów XIX Zjazdu KPCh [in:] Wektory zmian w polityce Chińskiej Republiki Ludowej w okresie rządów Xi Jinpinga, eds. J. Marszałek-Kawa, M. Bidziński, Toruń 2018.
- Wiktor Z., Marksizm i konfucjanizm w ideologii Komunistycznej Partii Chin. (The Marxism and Confucianism in the ideology of Communist Party of China). Article in print, Toruń 2020.
- Wiktor Z., Rakowski M., Rozwój i prognozy przyszłości Chin w zmieniającym się świecie, Toruń 2012.
- Xi J., Innowacyjne Chiny, Warsaw 2015.
- Xi J., Zarządanie Chinami tom I (The Governance of China vol. I), Toruń 2019.
- XIXth National Congress of the CPC, October 18-24, 2017, Referat Sprawozdawczy XVIII KC KPCh wygłoszony przez sekretarza generalnego prezydenta Xi Jinpinga, Warsaw 2018.