The article deals with the problem of national security in the contemporary world which is greatly influenced by the process of globalization and digitalization. The paper highlights the role of national security in modern state building. The following issue has been of great interest to many outstanding scientists worldwide especially since the beginning of the XXI century. However, the subject matter of national security in the system of public administration has not been clearly defined yet. Therefore, the paper analyzes the approaches to define national security and points out its distinctive features. Moreover, it emphasizes the fact that at the level of national, regional and global relations the concept of national security is often associated with security strategies. Thus, the article puts emphasis on the predominant characteristics that help to distinguish between these two concepts. In addition, the research clarifies the characteristic features of national security as well as state security. Security, like many other categories of social sciences, does not have a conclusive definition. What is more, the category of security has an interdisciplinary significance. Therefore, scientists define it in accordance with the subject matter and the specifics of cognition and research. Nevertheless, many outstanding scholars view security as an anthropocentric category related to man’s socialessence and value. Accordingly, security presupposes having freedom from the risk, danger and the threat of change to the worse. Most scientists agree that security is a constituent of every aspect of human life. Consequently, security issues consideration is of great significance. All in all, nowadays it is greatly important to achieve a state of security as our globalized society frequently leads to different challenges and dangers. The results of the research contribute to better understanding of the issue and make it possible to introduce effective mechanisms of public administration in the field of national security.
- Vysoc’kyj O. Ju., Vysoc’ka, O. Je. et al. (2008) Osnovy derzhavnogo upravlinnja [Fundamentals of publicadministration]. Dnipropetrovs’k: NMetAU.
- Vlasjuk O.S. (2016) Nacional’na bezpeka Ukrai’ny: evoljucija problem vnutrishn’oi’ polityky [National Security of Ukraine: Evolution of Domestic Policy Problems]. Kyi’v: NISD. [in Ukrainian]
- Vonsovych O.S. (2017) National security of Ukraine in the conditions of modern geopolitical changes. Naukovyj visnyk Dyplomatychnoi’ akademii’ Ukrai’ny, vol. 24(2), P. 18-24.
- National Academy for Administration under the President of Ukraine, NGO “Academy of the National Security” (2016) Global’na ta nacional’na bezpeka [Global and national security]. Kyi’v: NADU. [in Ukrainian]
- Kuras A.I. (2014) National security of Ukraine: military-politicalparadigms. Naukovi zapysky Instytutu politychnyh i etnonacional’nyh doslidzhen’ im. I. F. Kurasa,vol. 2, P. 230-240.
- Surmin Ju.P. (2011) Systema. Encyklopedija derzhavnogo upravlinnja [System. Encyclopedia of Public Administration]. Kyi’v: NADU. [in Ukrainian]
- Gosudarstvennoe upravlenie v sfere nacional’noj bezopasnosti [Public administration in the field of national security] (2012), Kiev: NAGU pri Prezidente Ukrainy. [in Russian]
- Chernyshova T.O. (2015) Nacija. Politologichnyj encyklopedychnyj slovnyk [Nationality. Polytology encyclopedic dictionary]. Harkiv: Pravo. [in Ukrainian]
- Global’na ta nacional’na bezpeka [Global and national security] (2016), Kyi’v: NADU pry Prezydentovi Ukrai’ny.[in Ukrainian]
- Kornijevs’ky O. (2011) Nacional’na bezpeka. Politychna encyklopedija [National security. Political encyclopedia]. Kyi’v: Parlaments’ke vydavnyctvo. [in Ukrainian]
- Tupchijenko L. (2004) Nacional’na bezpeka. Politologichnyj encyklopedychnyjslovnyk [National security. Political science encyclopedic dictionary]. Kyi’v: Geneza. [in Ukrainian]
- Proekt Zakonu pro nacional’nu bezpeku Ukrayiny [On the national security of Ukraine (2018)]. [Access: 28.02.2020]. Downloaded from: http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=63531
- Slovnyk portal ukrayins’koyi movy [Dictionary of the Ukrainian language]. [Access: 28.02.2020]. Downloaded from: https://slovnyk.ua/
- Kukułka J. (1982), Bezpieczeństwo a współpraca europejska: współzależności i sprzeczności interesów. Sprawy międzynarodowe [Security and European cooperation: the interdependence and diversity of interests. International affairs].