Today, the problem of political governance is one of the most important. There is an urgent need to create standards and institutions that would be effective and adequate to peculiarities of the contemporary society. One of the forms of socio-political governance is political manipulation of public consciousness. Modernization of the political system of society causes corresponding changes in the processes of management and manipulation. The influence on political consciousness and behavior is different at the traditional, modern and so-called postmodern stages of social development. The genesis of political manipulation of worldview values is the subject of this study. In the structure of political consciousness, which is a component of political culture, the value-worldview component is one of the most important. Values forms a motivational basis of political behavior. It is argued that values change in the predicted direction, and political manipulation could affect the value orientations of public consciousness. Analysis of the state of scientific development of the problem of political manipulation shows that the value-worldview component as an important component of political consciousness is poorly studied. The study of the peculiarities of political manipulation of the value component of political consciousness in the framework of this article is important, because the corresponding cultural dynamics affects the functioning of the political system.
- Adzhemohlu, D., Robinson, D. (2020). Vuzkyi korydor. Derzhavy, suspilstva i dolia svobody [Narrow corridor. States, societies and the fate of freedom]. Kyiv: Nash format [in Ukrainian].
- Bauman, Z. (2008). Hlobalizatsiia. Naslidky dlia liudyny i suspilstva [Globalization. Implications for man and society]. Kyiv: Vydavnychyi dim «Kyievo-Mohylianska akademiia» [in Ukrainian].
- Coons, C., Weber, M. (ed). (2014). Manipulation: Theory and Practice. N.Y: Oxford University Press.
- Inglehart, R., Welzel, Ch. (2005). Modernization, Cultural Change, and Democracy: The Human Development Sequence. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Inglehart, R. (2011). Izmenenie cennostej i ustojchivost kulturnyh tradicij [Change of values and stability of cultural traditions]. In Inglehart R. (ed)., Modernizaciya, kul turnye izmeneniya i demokratiya: Posledovatelnost chelovecheskogo razvitiya (pp. 79-119). Moscow: Novoe izdatelstvo.
- Kahneman, D. (2017). Myslennia shvydke ta povilne [Thinking fast and slow]. Kyiv: Nash format [in Ukrainian].
- Levitin, D. (2017). Putevoditel po lzhi. Kriticheskoe myshlenie v epohu postpravdy [A guide to lies. Critical thinking in the post-truth era]. Moscow: Mann, Ivanov i Ferber [in Russian].
- Maklyuen, M. (2014) Ponimanie media [Understanding the media]. Moscow: Novoe literaturnoe obozrenie [in Russian].
- Moroz, O. (2020). Natsiia Ovochiv? Yak informatsiia zminiuie myslennia ta povedinku ukraintsiv [The Nation of Vegetables? How information changes the thinking and behavior of Ukrainians]. Kyiv: Yakaboo publishing [in Ukrainian].
- Nyst, C. (ed). (2018). State-sponsored Trolling. How Governments Are Deploying Disinformation as Part of Broader Digital Harassment Campaigns. Palo Alto: Institute for the Future.
- Pomerantsev, P. (2020). Tse ne propahanda [This is not propaganda]. Kyiv: Yakaboo publishing [in Ukrainian].
- Shmidt, E. (2013). Novyj cifrovoj mir. Kak tehnologii menyayut zhizn lyudej, modeli biznesa i ponyatie gosudarstv [New digital world. How technology is changing people’s lives, business models and the concept of states]. Moscow: MIF [In Russian].
- World Values Survey. (2020). Retrieved from: http://www.worldvaluessurvey.org/wvs.jsp
- Zhabinets, N. (2002). Postmodernistski tsinnosti suchasnoi tsyvilizatsii [Postmodernist values of the contemporary civilization]. Humanitarnyi visnyk Zaporizkoi derzhavnoi inzhenernoi akademii. no. 11, pp. 98-101.