The article considers public security as a component of national security. Public security is one of the priorities of state policy in the field of national security. Successful public safety is the implementation of a set of measures in the field of landscaping: installation of traffic lights in appropriate public places, construction of underpasses, construction of indoor stops for citizens waiting for the arrival of public transport, etc. A well-thought-out system of planning and construction of settlements or public places, maintaining them in good condition, which promotes work and recreation of citizens, reduces the degree of threat to public safety from the occurrence of unexpected and dangerous situations. And neglect of public amenities can lead to favorable conditions for those who commit offenses and encroach on public safety. A special place is occupied by local governments, they are the closest power to the population, have the necessary powers and resources to attract citizens to maintain public order, increase their social activity in creating decent living conditions in a given area. The state defines local self-government as an independent level of government to which the people are entitled. First of all, it presupposes the organizational separation and independence of local self-government from state power, its independence in resolving issues of local importance, but independence within its own powers, as provided by the constitution. The main powers of local governments to ensure public safety and public order include: monitoring compliance with the law in the territory; application of measures of state coercion (usually, it is a question of bringing to administrative responsibility for the offenses connected with local government); protection of public order, carried out mainly by the police; ensuring the safety of citizens. Accordingly, local governments may be endowed with additional powers in the field of public order and protection of citizens’ rights. Protecting the rights of citizens is an important component of ensuring security both at the individual level and at the level of the entire state. The sense of security that is transmitted inside and outside the country can be considered part of the attractiveness of the image of the country abroad.
- Belenkij, V.A. (1970). O sushhnosti narushenij obshhestvennogo porjadka [On the essence of violations of public order]. Moscow: Vestnik MGU.
- Dzhuzhi, O.M. (2001). Kurs kryminolohii: Osoblyva chastyna: Pidruchnyk [Crime course: Special chastina: Textbook]. Kyiv: YurInkom Inter.
- Goloborod’ko, A.Yu., Serikov A.V. (2015). Diskurs «myagkoy sily» v kontekste konstruirovaniya imidzha sovremennoy Rossii: faktory i tekhnologii formirovaniya konkurentnoy identichnosti [The discourse of “softpower” in the context of constructing the image of modern Russia: factors and technologies for the formation of competitive identity]. Rostov: Omega - Press.
- Ivanenko, H. (2002). Konstytutsijna model’ pravovoi derzhavy: shliakhy ii udoskonalennia ta realizatsii [Constitutional model of a legal state: ways of its improvement and implementation]. (PhD Thesis), Odesa: Natsional’nyj universytet “Odes’ka iurydychna akademiya.
- Kopotun, I.M. (2008). Hromads’kyj poriadok iak ob’iekt kryminal’no-pravovoi okhorony [Public order as an object of criminal law protection]. (PhD Thesis), Kyiv: Kyjvs’kyj natsional’nyj universytet vnutrishnih sprav.
- Osipov, V.A. (2008). Pravovaya bezopasnost’ v sisteme natsional’noy bezopasnosti [Legal security in the system of national]. Moscow: Jurist.
- Pozdnyshov, A.N. (2003). Institut gosudarstvennoy sluzhby v sfere obespecheniya obshchestvennoi bezopasnosti: teoretikometodologicheskie problem [Institute of public service in the field of public safety: theoretical and methodological problems]. Moscow: Akademiya upravleniya MVD Rossii.
- Prokhozhev, A.A. (2005). Obshchaya teoriya natsional’noy bezopasnosti [General theory of national security]. Moscow: RAGS.
- Rozin, L.M. (2009). Voprosy yurisdiktsionnoy deyatel’nosti organov vnutrennikh del. Administrativnoe pravo [Issues of jurisdictional activity of internal affairs bodies. Administrative law]. Moscow: Norma.
- Serohina, S. (2012). Napriamy vdoskonalennia konstytutsijnoho rehuliuvannia systemnostrukturnoi orhanizatsii mistsevoho samovriaduvannia v Ukraini [Directions for improving the constitutional regulation of the system-structural organization of local self-government in Ukraine]. Konstytutsijna Asambleia: polityko-pravovi aspekty diial’nosti: biuleten’ informatsijno-analitychnykh materialiv. Kyiv: Vernadskuy NLU.
- Tumanov, G.A., Frizko, V.I. (1989.) Obschestvennaya bezopasnost’ i ee obespechenie v ekstremal’nykh usloviyakh [Public safety and its provision in extreme conditions]. Moscow: Nauka
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1996)/ Konstytutsiia Ukrainy [Constitution of Ukraine]. Downloaded from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254%D0%BA/96%D0%B2%D1%80
- Volkov, Yu.G., Vyalykh, N.A., Degtyarev, A.K., Lubskiy, A.V., Posukhova, O.Yu., Serikov, A.V., Chernobrovkin, I.P. (2015). Tsennostnaya politika i institutsional’nye praktiki v sfere mezhetnicheskikh otnosheniy v ekonomicheski razvitykh stranakh so slozhnoy etnokul’turnoy strukturoy [Value policy and institutional practices in the field of interethnic relations in economically developed countries with a complex ethnocultural structure]. Rostov: Fond nauki i obrazovaniya.