In the current dynamic world the strategic communications (STRATCOM) mean a comprehensive process which is aimed at developing, promoting, and distributing the required narratives and messages of any organization in order to form and ensure its positive image, inform counterparts (adversaries) and target audiences of the organization’s intents and positions, main tasks and achievements. While implementing the STRATCOM, it is very important to remember about their main rules and principles which are unique for both security and defence sector and business. Unfortunately, in the current “hybrid” measurement sometimes we should realize the effectiveness of the SC activities, thus it is necessary to define the measurements of effectiveness and performance for effective evaluation of activities. Ukraine has been repelling the aggression in the Eastern Ukraine since 2014 within massive hybrid warfare against it. This fact has caused the initiating a range of reform and innovative processes in Ukraine. Since then, we have known about the STRATCOM in Ukraine. In (Historical retrospective analysis of formation and development of strategic communications in security and defence sector of Ukraine) we have analyzed the process of development of the SC in security and defence sector. This process was speeded and pressed up by the warfare. Moreover, it was implemented in line with existing NATO principles and standards. Even the definition and concept of the STRATCOM were taken from the NATO documents. However, the reality reveals the necessity to revise the term definition and consider the implementation of business processes related to communications in security and defence sector. Some nations have already passed through this transformation and changed the approach to their SC. Even NATO Military Policy on Strategic Communications MC 0628 was successfully used until 2014. It is the STRATCOM baseline documents and it needed to be revised (NATO and Strategic Communications. The story so far. The Three Swords Magazine 33/2018. pp. 65–73). In the article the authors make some proposals how to improve the STRATCOM definition and improve the whole process of their realization.
- DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms, 11 August 2011. Downloaded from: https://www.acqnotes.com/Attachments/Joint%20Publication%201-02.pdf.
- DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms, U.S. Department of Defense, January 2021. Downloaded from: https://www.jcs.mil/Portals/36/Documents/Doctrine/pubs/dictionary.pdf.
- DOD Strategic Communication: Integrating Foreign Audience Perceptions into Policy Making, Plans, and Operations, 24 May 2012. Downloaded from: https://www.gao.gov/assets/gao-12-612r.pdf.
- Dubov., D. (2016). Stratehichni komunikatsii: problemy kontseptualizatsii ta praktychnoi realizatsii. [Strategic communications: problems of conceptualization and practical realization]. Stratehichni priorytety, No. 4, pp. 9-23.
- Dzioban O.P. (2018). Stratehichni komunikatsii: do problemy osmyslennia sutnosti. [Strategic communications: about the problem of the essence understanding]. Mizhnarodni vidnosyny: teoretyko-praktychni aspekty: zb. nauk. pr. Kyiv. Vyp. 2. pp. 254-264.
- Izhutova, I. (2019). Ukrainian Strategic Communications and martial law. Journal of Scientific Papers “Social Development and Security”, No. 9, 127, Downloaded from: https://doi.org/10.33445/sds.2019.9.5.8.
- Joint Doctrine Note 2/19 “Defence Strategic Communication: an Approach to Formulating and Executing Strategy”. Downloaded from: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/804319/20190523dcdc_doctrine_uk_Defence_Stratrategic_Communication_jdn_2_19.pdf.
- Kushnir, V., Izhutova, I. (2021). Istoryko-retrospektyvnyi analiz formuvannia ta rozvytku stratehichnykh komunikatsii u sektori bezpeky i oborony Ukrainy. [Historical retrospective analysis of formation and development of strategic communications in security and defence sector of Ukraine]. Viiskovo-naukovyi visnyk. Lviv: NASV, No. 35, pp. 3-17.
- Laity, M. (2018). NATO and Strategic Communications. The story so far. The Three Swords Magazine, No. 33, pp. 65-73. Downloaded from: https://www.jwc.nato.int/images/stories/threeswords/NATO_STRATCOM_2018.pdf.
- Marszałek-Kawa, J., Plecka, D. (ed.). (2019). Dictionary of Political Knowledge. Toruń: Wydawnictwo Adam Marszałek.
- Marszałek-Kawa, J., Plecka, D., Hołub, A. (ed.). (2018). Social Security. Selected Aspects. Toruń: Wydawnictwo Adam Marszałek.
- National Framework for Strategic Communication. (2010). Downloaded from: https://fas.org/man/eprint/pubdip.pdf.
- Poniattia, sutnist, formy i metody derzhavnoho upravlinnia [Concepts, essence, forms, and methods of public administration]. Downloaded from: http://studies.in.ua/ru/administrativnoe-pravo-seminary/3427-ponyattya-sutnst-formi-metodi-derzhavnogo-upravlnnya.html.
- Prezentovano Tsentr stratehichnykh komunikatsii ta informatsiinoi bezpeky (2021). [Centre for strategic communications and information security was presented]. Downloaded from: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/news/prezentovano-centr-strategichnihkomunikacij-ta-informacijnoyi-bezpeki.
- Strategic communication: the defence contribution (JDN 1/12). Downloaded from: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/joint-doctrine-note-1-12-strategiccommunication-the-defence-contribution.
- Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrainy №47/2017 vid 25 liutoho 2017 roku “Pro rishennia Rady natsionalnoi bezpeky i oborony Ukrainy vid 29 hrudnia 2016 roku “Pro Doktrynu informatsiinoi bezpeky Ukrainy” [Presidential Decree of Ukraine No.47/2017 dd February 25, 2017 “On Decision of the Council of National Security and Defence of Ukraine dd December 29, 2016 “On Doctrine of Information Security of Ukraine”]. Downloaded from: https://www.president.gov.ua/documents/472017-21374.
- Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrainy, No. 187 vid 07 travnia 2021 roku “Pytannia Tsentru protydii dezinformatsii”. [Presidential Decree of Ukraine, No.187 dd March 07, 2021 “Issues of Centre for Countering Disinformation”]. Downloaded from: https://www.president.gov.ua/documents/1872021-38841.
- Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrainy №121/2021 “Pro rishennia Rady natsionalnoi bezpeky i oborony Ukrainy” vid 25 bereznia 2021 roku “Pro Stratehiiu voiennoi bezpeky Ukrainy”. [Presidential Decree of Ukraine No.121/2021 “On Decision of the Council of National Security and Defence of Ukraine” dd March 25, 2021]. Downloaded from: https://www.president.gov.ua/documents/1212021-37661.