The article deals with the problematic issues of human and civil rights under pandemic on the example of the practice of combating the spread of respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 civil society in Ukraine in 2020. Account has been taken of the fact that the human, his life and health are the highest social value, and that human rights and freedoms determine the content and orientation of State activities. Since every State functioned for the human, in order to protect universally recognized rights and freedoms, it was a feature of a modern democratic State governed by the rule of law. At the same time, in legal science in recent years there has been a debate about the problems of human and civil rights against the background of widespread abuse of rights, individual selfishness, conflict of rights of one person and group of people, human and society. That is to say, in the order of the day came an all-civilizational discussion about the appointment of the State, the idea of humanocentrism and sociocentrism as the fundamental foundation and expediency of the State. The problem is posed by the global challenges faced by present-day civilization: climate protection and freshwater, poverty and corruption, terrorism and military conflicts, massive ethnic displacement and pandemics. In one way or another these problems are present on all continents today, both for the world community and for each State in particular, but there is no well-established mechanism for dealing with them. With regard to combating the spread of coronavirus, it is clear that the problem is a global one in the field of medical law, and that it must be addressed both at the level of the novelization of legislation and at the level of philosophy and sociology of law, ‘cause that’s the kind of system-wide results you can use in complex under the state-creative practice today.
- Konventsiia pro zakhyst prav liudyny i osnovopolozhnykh svobod vid 02.10.2013 r. [Convention on the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms dated 02/10/2013]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.work.gov.ua/laws/show/995_004.
- Konstytutsiia Ukrainy vid 28 chervnia 1996 roku [The Constitution of Ukraine, June 28, 1996]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254k/96-vr.
- Kostytsky, V. (2016). New Approaches to Understanding of Environmental Right on a Safe Environment, Environmental Law and World Environmental Constitution. Proceedings of the Central and Eastern European Conference on Health and the Environment (Prague, Czech Republic, April 10-14, 2016), Prague: Hotel Diplomat, pp. 168. Retrieved from: http://www.ceeche2016.eu/.
- Kostytsky, V. (2019). Scientific ideas, legal progress, scientific legal doctrine: searching for the optimal power model in the modern state. European science. vol. 4, pp. 47-50.
- Orinda, E.N. (2018). Rozvytok kontseptsii u sferi mizhnarodno-pravovoho spivrobitnytstva u borotbi z epidemiiamy ta pandemiiamy [Development of concepts of international legal cooperation to combat epidemics and pandemics]. Aktualni problemy polityky. vol. 62. pp. 73-80. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/appol_2018_62_9
- Pro nevidkladni zakhody shchodo zabezpechennia natsionalnoi bezpeky v umovakh spalakhu hostroi respiratornoi khvoroby COVID-19, sprychynenoi koronavirusom SARS-CoV-2: Rishennia Rady natsionalnoi bezpeky ta oborony vid 13 bereznia 2020 roku [Urgent measures to ensure national security against the outbreak of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by the SARS-Cov-2 coronavirus: Decision of the National Security and Defense Council of 13 March 2020]. Voice of Ukraine dated March 17, 2020. No. 50.
- Pro vnesennia zmin do deiakykh zakonodavchykh aktiv Ukrainy, spriamovanykh na zapobihannia vynyknenniu i poshyrenniu koronavirusnoi khvoroby (COVID-19): Zakon Ukrainy vid 17 bereznia 2020 r. No. 530-IKh [Amendments to certain legislative acts of Ukraine aimed at preventing the occurrence and spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Law of Ukraine of March 17, 2020, 530-IX]. Voice of Ukraine dated March 17, 2020, No. 51.
- Pro zakhyst naselennia vid infektsiinykh khvorob: Zakon Ukrainy vid 6 kvitnia 2000 roku № 1645-III [On protection of the population from infectious diseases: Law of Ukraine of April 6, 2000, No. 1645-III]. Voice of Ukraine dated May 16, 2000.
- The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2020). Deiaki pytannia zastosuvannia obmezhuvalnykh protyepidemichnykh zakhodiv, spriamovanykh na zapobihannia poshyrenniu hostroi respiratornoi khvoroby COVID-19, sprychynenoi koronavirusom SARS-CoV-2. Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 25 bereznia 2020 r. No. 245 [Some issues in the application of restrictive anti-epidemic measures to prevent the spread of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by coronavirus SARS-Cov-2. Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 245 of March 25, 2020]. Government courier as of April 2, 2020, No. 63.
- The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2020). Pro zapobihannia poshyrenniu na terytorii Ukrainy hostroi respiratornoi khvoroby COVID-19, sprychynenoi koronavirusom SARS-CoV-2: Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 11 bereznia 2020 r. No. 211 [On prevention of the spread in Ukraine of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by coronavirus: Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 211 of March 11, 2020]. Government courier as of 12.03.2020, No. 47.
- Zahalna deklaratsiia prav liudyny vid 10.12.1948 r. [The Universal Declaration of Human Rights]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_015.