For decades, critics of higher education have been asserting that competencies students can demonstrate upon course completion are much better predictors of what students know and can do than time spent in courses or grades. However, assessment of student learning has not been adopted by faculty and their leaders, and the effort is normally addressed as a bureaucratic demand. The objective was to identify topics that could help shape the discourse regarding the assessment of student learning. The study revealed that the universities in Poland are ready to ensure graduating students competencies demanded by the contemporary world.
- Bok, D. (2020). Higher expectations: Can colleges teach students what they need to know in the 21st century? Princeton University Press.
- Czerepaniak-Walczak, M. (2020). Kompetencja-kompetencje: Definiowanie pojęcia (Competence - competences: Defining the concept). In D. Kubinowski, & U. Lewartowicz (Eds.), Kompetencje kluczowe animatorów kultury i ich kształcenie (Key competences of cultural animators and their education). Wydawnictwo Adam Marszałek.
- Dalkey, N., & Helmer, O. (1963). An experimental application of the DELPHI method to the use of experts. Management Science, 9(3), 458-467. doi: https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.9.3.458
- Finney, S. J., Wells, J. B., & Henning, G. W. (2021, March). The need for program theory and implementation fidelity in assessment practice and standards. Occasional Paper No. 52. University of Illinois and Indiana University, NILOA.
- French, A., & O’Leary, M. (2017). Teaching excellence in higher education: Challenges, changes and the teaching excellence framework. Emerald Publishing Limited. http://isap.sejm.gov.pl/isap.nsf/download.xsp/WDU20180001668/U/D20181668Lj.pdf. doi: https://doi.org/10.1108/9781787147614
- Green, R. A. (2014). The Delphi technique in educational research. SAGE Open, 4(2), 417-425. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/2158244014529773
- Grime, M. M., & Wright, G. (2016). Delphi method. In P. Brandimarte, B. Everitt, G. Molenberghs, W. Piegorsch, & F. Ruggeri (Eds.), Wiley StatsRef: Statistics reference online. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118445112.stat07879
- Helmer, O. (1967). Analysis of the future: The Delphi method. Rand Corporation.
- Jankowski, N. (2021). Evidence-based storytelling in assessment. Occasional Paper No. 50. University of Illinois and Indiana University, NILOA.
- Jankowski, N., & Marshall, D. (2017). Degrees that matter. Moving higher education to a learning system paradigm. Stylus Publishing.
- Kuh, G. D., & Ikenberry, S. O. (2018). NILOA at ten: A retrospective. Urbana University of IL and Indiana University, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment.
- McNair, T. B., Bensimon, E. M., & Malcom-Piqueux, L. (2020). From equity talk to equity walk: Expanding practitioner knowledge for racial justice in higher education. Jossey-Bass.
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Poland. (2018). Legal act on higher education and science. (Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym i nauce), Dz.U. 2019, item 1669, 39, and 534; Dz.U. 2020, item 695, 875, and 1086.
- Plummer, R., & Armitage, D. R. (2007). Charting the new territory of adaptive co-management: A Delphi study. Ecology and Society, 12(2), 10. doi: https://doi.org/10.5751/ES-02091-120210
- Sudoł, S. (2016). Delficka metoda badawcza (The Delphi Research Method). Zarządzanie. Teoria i Praktyka, 3(17), 69-74.
- Sun, J. C. (2018). Competency-based education: A disruptive innovation requiring demonstrated performance. In J. Blanchard (Ed.), Controversies on campus: Debating the issues confronting American universities in the 21st century. Praeger.