Communication in university teaching has been experiencing years of reform led by modern media and technologies. This paper examines (by triangulation) satisfaction with university communication in students of private and state universities, which consider communication as one of the most important competence frameworks. The survey examined students’ perceptions (N=267) on the characteristics, methods, frequency, and quality of communication in the learning process, which is our primary research question. What was also researched was the existence of differences in students’ attitudes towards private and state universities. Results show that the students of private universities, compared to the students of state universities, are more satisfied with communication.
- Bognar, L., Dubovicki, S. (2012). Emotions in the Teaching Process. Croatian Journal of Education, 14 (1), 135-163
- Bratanić, M. (2002). Paradoks odgoja. Zagreb: Hrvatska sveučilišna naknada.
- Čaldarović, O., Šarinić, J. (2008). Suvremena komunikacijska tehnologija i urbana sredina – prostor, mjesta, vrijeme. Socijalna ekologija, 17 (4), 331-341
- Čudina-Obradović, M., Težak, D. (1995). Mirotvorni razred. Zagreb: Znamen.
- Dubovicki, S., Banjari, I. (2014). Students’ attitudes on the quality of university teaching. Sodobna pedagogika, 65/131, 2, 42-58
- Duff, A.S. (2003). Higher education teaching. A communication perspective active learning in higher education. London, Thousand Oaks, CA and New Delhi: The Institute for Learning and Teaching in Higher Education and SAGE Publications, 4(3), 256-270
- Fojtik, R. (2014). Mobile Technologies Education. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 143, 342-346
- Katz, L.G., McClellan, D.E. (1999). Poticanje razvoja dječje socijalne kompetencije: uloga odgajateljica i učiteljica. Zagreb: Educa.
- Pirani, J.A., & Sheehan, M.C. (2009). Spreading the Word: Messaging and communications in higher education (Research Study, Vol. 2). Boulder, CO: EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research. Retrieved 10/09/2015, from https://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/EKF/EKF0902.pdf
- Salloum, Sara R. (2011). Student Perceptions of Computer-Mediated Communication Tools in online learning: Helpfulness and Effects on Teaching, Social, and Cognitive Presence, doctoral dissertation. ProQuest LLC.
- Sekulić-Majurec, A. (2007). Uloga sudionika odgojno-obrazovnog procesa u stvaranju, provedbi i vrednjovanju kurikuluma, u: (Ur. Previšić, V.) Kurikulum: teorije, metodologija, sadržaj, struktura. Zagreb: Školska knjiga, 351-383.
- Shannon, C.E. (1948). A Mathematical Theory of Communication. Bell System Technical Journal 27(3): 379-423.
- Vaughan, N. & Lawrence, K. (2013). Investigating the role of mobile devices in a blended pre-service teacher education program. Canadian Journal of Higher Education 43(3), 56-77
- Wrench, S.J., Richmond, P.V., Goriian, J. (2009). Communication, Affect, & Learning in the Classroom. San Francisco, California: Creative Commons.