Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) is a revolution in education. As learner, teacher presence and teaching method no longer depend upon time and distance, class enrolment also becomes open for more of the populace regardless of educational background. The goal of the research is to design a learning model that is in accordance with dimensions that are compatible with the MOOC rules. Literature review, a questionnaire, and interviews were used to define dimensions based on the MOOC rules. The research resulted in a model that is in accordance with MOOC categories and dimensions based on input from both users and developers.
- Cole, R.A. (2000). Issues in Web-based Pedagogy: A Critical Primer. Westport. CT: Greenwood Press.
- Grover, S., Franz, P., Schneider, E., & Pea, R. (2013). The MOOC as Distributed Intelligence: Dimensions of Framework & Evaluation of MOOCs. 10th International Conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning, 42-45.
- Kesima, M., & Altınpulluk, H. (2014). A Theoretical Analysis of MOOCs Types from a Perspective of Learning Theories. 5th World Conference on Learning, Teaching and Educational Leadership (WCLTA 2014).
- Kizilcec, R.F., Piech, C., & Schneider, E. (2013). Deconstructing Disengagement: Analyzing Learner Subpopulations in Massive Open Online Courses. In Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge (pp. 170-179). ACM.
- Moore, J.L., Dickson-Deane, C., & Galyen, K. (2011). e-Learning, Online Learning, and Distance Learning Environments: Are They the Same? Internet and Higher Education.
- O’Reilly, U.M., & Veeramachaneni, K. (2014). Technology for Mining the Big Data of MOOCs: Research & Practice in Assessment, 9(2), 29-37.
- Rosselle, M., Caron, P.-A., & Heutte, J. (2014). A Typology and Dimensions of a Description Framework for MOOCs. EMOOC.
- Scagnoli, N.I. (2012). Instructional Design of a MOOC. Thoughts on Instructional Design for MOOCs.
- Veeramachaneni, K., Dernoncourt, F., Taylor, C., Pardos, Z., & O’Reilly, U.M. (2013). MOOCDB: Developing Data Standards for MOOC Data Science. In AIED 2013 Workshops Proceed ings (p. 17).