The presented descriptive study involved three hundred and sixty five (365) lecturers and one thousand one hundred and sixty two (1,162) students selected from twelve (12) tertiary education institutions spread across North-Central Nigeria, making a thousand five hundred and twenty seven (1,527) respondents for the study. The main instrument used to obtain data for this study was adapted questionnaire, two research questions and three hypotheses were formulated. The hypotheses were tested using the t-test statistical technique at 0.05 level of signifi cance. Sociologists, religious leaders, the government, homes and school management should embark on enlightenment campaign programs.
- Adebayo, W. (2015). Vesuse secret cults to settle scores. Harvest House Publisher. Lagos state.
- Adobayero, N. (2011). District head of tarauni L.G.A of Kano in Tell publication of July 19. 2012.
- Daramola, C.O. (2012). Introduction to the Sociology of education: Ibadan
- Glory-Land publishing Company 66, Gbadebo Street, Mokola.
- Deborah, S.P. (2011). Inter religious dialogue: A remedy for religious crisis in Nigerian school. Jos, Damsel publishers.
- Jekayinfa, A.A. (2003). Cult activities in the Nigerian institutions of higher learning: University of Ilorin press, Nigeria.
- Makinde, F. (2012). Finding way out of labyrinth of insecurity. Retrieved from: http://www.punchdaily-digest.
- Mohammed, M.B.O. (2004). Discipline among students in Nigerian Universities: The contributions of students union. Eko Journal of Educational Research, 1(1), 189 – 195.
- Ogunsanya (2000). The impact of secret cults on campus on university administrator. A case study of University of Ibadan Nigeria. In Lebean your and Ogunsanya, Mobolaji (Ed) the dilemma of post-colonial universities. Ibadan: IFRA and African Book Builders.
- Pemede, O. &Viavonu, B. (2010). Cultism or gangsterism and its effect on moral development of learners in Nigeria Tertiary Institutions. An M. Ed thesis unpublished .Department of Sociology, Ahadu Bello University Zaria.
- The Nigeria Tribune (2013) Four feared dead in University Students’ violence Protest pg2
- The Punch News Paper (2012) 2 Professors, 20 Others Killed in Bayero University Kano Bomb Blast pg3
- Yusuf, A., Amali, I.O.O., Bello, M.B. &Isiaka, A. (2012). Ilorin emirate teachers’ perception of group dynamics classroom seating arrangement in upper basic schools as a means of promoting violence-free society: Unilag. Sociologists of Education Journal.